Dega Institute, established in 1982, adopts comprehensive evaluation procedure in diagnosing (finding the cause of) sexual problems. The consultant obtains a detailed sexual history (preferably from both partners in case of couples) and performs a thorough physical examination. After this, laboratory investigations are carried out.
State of the art diagnostic tools are available now to identify the causative factor as:
- Biochemical tests.
- Hormone assays.
- Penile hemodynamic studies.
- Nerve conduction studies.
- Ultrasound scans, Doppler studies.
- Psychological assessment tests.
- Once the causative factor is identified, a treatment strategy is offered to the client / couple.
The treatment strategies include
- Sex therapy.
- Sex counseling.
- Pharmacotherapy (treatment with medicines).
- (Corrective) surgical therapy.
- Hormone replacement therapy.
- Vacuum suction devices.
- Penile (interacavernous) injections.
- Behavior modification therapy.
- Supportive psychotherapy.